November 3, 2010

Tussling with Temptation

Today was day three of the Special K challenge. I am beginning to think that there is a reason that diets are all called challenges. The "Special K Easy" just is not true. It is a challenge and today was no exception. It was one of those days where a cheeseburger and vanilla shake seem to be the only thing that can cure what ails one.

I've been drinking a TON of water and therefore hitting the head a lot more than usual and I think that I need to start using the bathroom in another building. Not only will I NOT have to walk by the damn vending machine four and five times a day, but I'll actually get a little more milage in during my day. The main problem is that on days like today, the really stressful days, those vending machine items look pretty tasty. Especially since they suddenly have sea salt and vinegar lays in the machine. I wanted them so badly that I could almost taste them. Luckily it was too busy for me to even eat the fruit and Special K snacks that I brought.

So I am choking back my INCREDIBLE craving for In N' Out. Cause let's not pretend that I do not suddenly feel like I have not had a a burger in years!! But I have made a promise to myself that I will not break this easy. I had a personal goal that my first cheat day will be Thanksgiving, after all who wants to eat Special K products alone on Thanksgiving? Certainly not I, it would be downright sacrilegious. Hopefully I will be able to meet this goal.

I have also promised myself that I will not weigh myself until the monday of that week. I think that the fluctuations caused by various things will only discourage me. Rather than ruin all the hard work that I have and will do, I think it is for the best. Not seeing a number that might disturb me, is certain to keep me away from burgers and twix bars, if that is even possible to be dissuaded from such deliciousness.

No comments: