November 9, 2010

Eating and Exercising

So I've already broken two promises that I made to myself. I promised myself that I would not have a cheat day until Thanksgiving and the I would not weigh myself until the Monday of that cheat day. Not only did I cheat ALL weekend but also I got on the scale this Monday too. Well luckily for me, that "cheat day" that I had, even though I did not intend on having it, did not take the toll that I thought that it had. The scale told me I was down 4.6 lbs.

I know!! I'm shocked too!! When I looked down on the scale I thought, "REALLY!?? I ate almost nothing, but El Pollo Loco ALL weekend and I lose?" Well I have never been the kind of person to look a gift horse in the mouth so I will not start now. Thank you gods of fat for blessing me with a nearly 5 lb loss this on the week where I did little to no exercise.

Ok, so I would not say that is entirely true. I started parking further out in the parking lot so that I have to walk further to get inside, instead of lumbering up the stairs to my bedroom I have been kicking it up a little, AND the elliptical is now centrally located in the garage. I have not used it yet, but at least it is there. I may even use it tonight. Take a little 30 minute vacation from my life. Besides, I heard that exercising relieves stress and here with only two weeks of school left . . . I need a little stress relief.

In fact, now that I think about . . . what idiot convinced me that STARTING a diet during the last two weeks of school, at the start of the most food oriented holiday season, was a good idea? Oh yeah, that's right. The same idiot who thought that In 'N Out every Tuesday and Thursday for three weeks was a good idea. At least this time that idiot has some good sense.

1 comment:

Megan said...

He. Gods of fat. That's a good one. :)